Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Saturday



Today I woke up and I went to mass in our chapel. Next to the altar are these two pieces of art that I always watched, but I never realise how important they are, until I have to do this homework. One of them is Mary and the other one is Jesus. As you can see also there are some words in Latin ECCE ANCILLA (behold the handmaid) and ECCE VENIO (behold I come). I am telling you this because these pieces of art symbolize the charisma of our congregation, the reason why we live in community and follow Jesus, the reason of our oblation. To me these pieces of art are representative because they have a special meaning and they represent the spirit of a whole community. Those pieces of art symbolize our mission in the world: Here I am Lord to do your will wherever you want to send me. That is sometime that I keep saying to myself every single day and those piece of art help with that, because I just have to see them to remind why I came to this country and what I came to do. Jesus and Mary are the best example for us as seminarians, because they said yes to the call of our Father, and they said yes,because of the love that they have for God and for all of us. these pieces of art are simple and not full of color, which made it to me perfect to symbolize all what they have to transmit to others.

No comments: